Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

July 29, 2014, 07:43:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: KivaFriends Liaison: Topics for the next check-in (now 10 FEB 2011)  (Read 93382 times)
0 Members and 2 Guests were last seen viewing this topic.
PetraH
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #410 on: May 19, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »

I really really really don't like the fact that after too many (according to paypal) money transfers to Kiva with my credit card , I am now blocked from transferring money, unless I use a different credit card or get a paypal account. I phoned them just now and they said it's their policy.
I don't want to get a paypal account and I certainly don't want to get another credit card.

Is it an option for Kiva to re-negiotiate with Paypal about this?

On the other hand: thanks for protecting me against spending too much money on Kiva. :-)

carien
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #411 on: May 19, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »

Petra I think if you ever want to withdraw your money the only way is through a paypall account. I think you already have a paypall account because you payed kiva using them. I like it because I can also use my bankaccount then at least I know that I pay instantly.
PetraH
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #412 on: May 19, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »

What I also would like to say is that I like Kiva an awful lot. But there are problems that should be adressed: basketing beyond what's functional, star rating, quicker respons to problems, technical things that makes selecting loans and managing your portfolio easier...
Peter S
Kiva Supporter
CA

View Profile
« Reply To This #413 on: May 19, 2010, 01:09:33 PM »

Charmaine -

if you get a chance, please could you ask Gerard to find out whether for the 7 Field Partners where currently it's stated "Interest & Fees are Charged: No", it really is the case that borrowers do not pay interest and fees on Kiva loans.

The context is the May 11th discussion on the thread about Paul's Kivabank application, starting roughly from my post where I express some doubt that we can entirely trust the data Kiva provides when it says "Interest & Fees are Charged: No", through to RichardF's post where he lists those 7 Field partners.  I have checked again today and they are all still showing "Interest & Fees are Charged: No" as well as a full set of N/As for Portfolio Yield; Profitability (Return on Assets); and Average Loan Size (% of Per Capita Income).

If I am correct in suspecting that the data here is flawed for those 7 Field Partners (essentially, that the answer "No" on interest & fees is determined by absence of data, not by substantive data), this is obviously something Kiva might want to rectify quite quickly, because inaccurate data on the site leaves them open to attack from any passing New York Times scribbler who wants to land cheap shots, as we've seen in the recent past on more than one occasion.

thanks

Peter

verba volant, littera scripta manet
jennifer
Kiva Supporter
New York City

View Profile
« Reply To This #414 on: May 19, 2010, 08:07:26 PM »

2 things (or 2 -1/2):

2. Lately I notice that sometimes the "Logout User Name" link on the top of loan pages appears as "Logout User NameUser Name". I have been trying to figure out when it happens, whether it's after a page reload for instance, but haven't yet come up with a  way to make it happen reliably. Functionality is correct, so I would put this one near the bottom of the priority list, but thought I would point it out.

I noticed this too, primarily because the first User Name wasn't mine. Shocked  Then it did show my user name twice. I'll see if I can recreate this too.
RichardF
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #415 on: May 19, 2010, 08:10:54 PM »

Right now, I have four "Raising Funds"/"Fundraising" loans, two "Raised" loans and a bunch of "Paying Back" loans.  Kiva displays these loans to me on three different pages in three different orders, none of which I can totally decipher.  Even though this arrangement is far superior than showing all my defaults and refunds at the top of the sorts, I certainly hope Kiva does not consider whatever it did to have "resolved" its loan sort issues.  Here's a shorthand version of what I see on my three loans pages.

My Portfolio - Overview
PB  Raised  PB  Raised 
Raising Funds  Raising Funds  PB  PB 
PB  PB  Raising Funds  Raising Funds 

Kiva Lender
Raising Funds  Raising Funds  Raised  PB 
PB  PB  PB  PB 
PB  PB  PB  PB 
PB  PB  PB  PB 
PB  PB  Raising Funds  Raising Funds 
Raised  PB  PB  PB 

My Portfolio - Loans
Fundraising
Fundraising
Raised
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
Fundraising
Fundraising
Raised
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
PB
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:20:10 PM by RichardF » Logged

Soul lives by giving.
alan
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #416 on: May 19, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »

I noticed this too, primarily because the first User Name wasn't mine. Shocked

I suppose if mine said, e.g., "Logout Jennifer" I would check to make sure I didn't accidentally use de-caf.

Weird problem!  Huh?

"Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime."
-Aristotle

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint; when I ask why people are poor they call me a communist."
-Dom Helder Carrera
Gerard
Kiva Staffer

View Profile
« Reply To This #417 on: May 19, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »

Charmaine -

if you get a chance, please could you ask Gerard to find out whether for the 7 Field Partners where currently it's stated "Interest & Fees are Charged: No", it really is the case that borrowers do not pay interest and fees on Kiva loans.

The context is the May 11th discussion on the thread about Paul's Kivabank application, starting roughly from my post where I express some doubt that we can entirely trust the data Kiva provides when it says "Interest & Fees are Charged: No", through to RichardF's post where he lists those 7 Field partners.  I have checked again today and they are all still showing "Interest & Fees are Charged: No" as well as a full set of N/As for Portfolio Yield; Profitability (Return on Assets); and Average Loan Size (% of Per Capita Income).

If I am correct in suspecting that the data here is flawed for those 7 Field Partners (essentially, that the answer "No" on interest & fees is determined by absence of data, not by substantive data), this is obviously something Kiva might want to rectify quite quickly, because inaccurate data on the site leaves them open to attack from any passing New York Times scribbler who wants to land cheap shots, as we've seen in the recent past on more than one occasion.

thanks

Peter

Thanks for flagging this - we're working to get these numbers up tonight!
jennifer
Kiva Supporter
New York City

View Profile
« Reply To This #418 on: May 19, 2010, 10:08:12 PM »

I suppose if mine said, e.g., "Logout Jennifer" I would check to make sure I didn't accidentally use de-caf.

Weird problem!  Huh?

I've been able to recreate this and have other random names besides my own show up, but I can't tell what the trigger is. I see it when I click into a loan page from the list. I've seen the same different name pop up a second time on the same loan, but it doesn't seem to correspond to other lender names that appear on the loan. It isn't consistent at all.
Diane R
Administrator
Bay Area, CA

View Profile
« Reply To This #419 on: May 19, 2010, 10:55:57 PM »

I've seen this also.  If I had to guess, it would appear to be the name (REAL NAME!) of the last signed-in person before me who refreshed the loan page I am looking at, appended before mine.  If I refreshed the loan page more than once, my name appears twice.  I sent several screenshots of this problem to Gerard today and he confirmed it as well, and sent it immediately to Engineering.

--Diane.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: