Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

August 20, 2014, 09:20:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: Getting A Kiva Loan / Listed on Kiva  (Read 97395 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest were last seen viewing this topic.
Joe
Administrator
Upstate NY

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2007, 12:12:39 PM »

Q: How do I get a Kiva loan?

A: Assuming you (or someone you know) is in one of the countries served by a Field Partner that Kiva works with, your best bet is to contact and/or visit their office to put in a request. Once you're listed on Kiva, you can post a link to your Kiva listing here on the forum. We'd also welcome you to share your experience with the entire process and update us on your business.

*****  NOTE: as of June 10, 2009, Kiva is partnering with Field Partners in the USA.  This item will be updated to reflect that information very soon.

Q: I'm located in a country that Kiva currently does not service (USA, Canada, etc). Can I still get a Kiva loan?

A: Kiva focuses on small loans to developing countries. Try the popular prosper.com service, which also does "people to people" lending.

Q: Can I post a direct request for a loan here on Kiva Friends?

A: Nope. It'll be removed and you'll probably be banned.

Q: Can I send a private message to everyone on the forum and ask them to loan me money?

A: Nope. Doing so will probably get you banned.

Q: Can I hang in the chat room and ask chatters to loan me money?

A: Nope. You'll probably be banned.

Kiva Friends, if you were approached by private message or in the chat room, please make a note of the username or forward me the message for some swift action. You can use the "Report to Admin" link, which is located in the bottom right corner of all PMs.

If something questionable was posted on the forum, you can use the Report To Moderator link at the bottom right corner of that post to report it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:16:00 AM by Diane R » Logged

Joe
Administrator
KivaFriends.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: