Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

July 26, 2014, 02:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: It's 12/15, do you know where your credits are?  (Read 32974 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest were last seen viewing this topic.
wthepoo
Kiva Supporter
Berlin

View Profile
« Reply To This #10 on: December 15, 2008, 08:25:26 AM »

Gladly Wolfgang,

The credit was from YOSEFO in Tanzania on this loan to Raphel Lema.

You are more than welcome,
Peace Geoff

Thank you, Geoff!

That is strange, though, because YOSEFO already repaid some loans on 8 December (http://www.kivafriends.org/index.php/topic,321.msg48784.html#msg48784) and my YOSEFO loan (http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=59788) is still lacking the October repayment due today... I wonder whether they transfer funds to Kiva several times a month (but why would they do that) or whether it takes Kiva so long to process the repayments?!

Anyway, I am still hoping for considerable repayments later today or tomorrow.  Grin (remember? processing the partial repayments when they were first released took several days, too)

Best wishes,
Wolfgang.
Sherri
Kiva Supporter
Ontario, Canada

Web Developer

View Profile
« Reply To This #11 on: December 15, 2008, 08:42:56 AM »

If I read all the posts by Kiva right, is it not correct to say that Kiva billed their partners today- and that they have some time (weeks?) to actually make their payments?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:43:29 AM by Sherri » Logged

Buchanan Family
Kiva Supporter
New York, NY

View Profile
« Reply To This #12 on: December 15, 2008, 08:45:07 AM »

I was REALLY looking forward to finally seeing some credits hit my account this morning.  Typically, all credits are there before I wake up and I even waited awhile to check!  I wasn't even necessarily suspecting much as a result of the netting out procedure but something...  Every time I start trying to wait and gain confidence in Kiva again, it gets shaken.  I'm just ready for PA2 to start making complete sense and cycling through some repayments!

I STILL haven't received the newsletter from Kiva!

Sherri -

My understanding was still that there would be a netting out procedure.  Thus if an MFI raised $100K in loans this month and only had $50K in payments outstanding, that Kiva would immediately apply the extra $50K in payments due from the MFI as no wiring would be necessary in this case other than for the additional $50K to be sent to the MFI.  This was all that was expected today.
wthepoo
Kiva Supporter
Berlin

View Profile
« Reply To This #13 on: December 15, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »

My understanding was still that there would be a netting out procedure.  Thus if an MFI raised $100K in loans this month and only had $50K in payments outstanding, that Kiva would immediately apply the extra $50K in payments due from the MFI as no wiring would be necessary in this case other than for the additional $50K to be sent to the MFI.  This was all that was expected today.

This and the remaining October payments from some MFIs... like Fundacion Paraguaya, Friendship Bridge, Mekong Plus, Manuela Ramos/CrediMUJER, OI-Wedco, DINARI and VFC (maybe some more, too) as their "grace period" is now over, too.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang.
Evelyn Yvonne Theriault
Kiva Supporter
Quebec

View Profile
« Reply To This #14 on: December 15, 2008, 09:20:51 AM »

If I read all the posts by Kiva right, is it not correct to say that Kiva billed their partners today- and that they have some time (weeks?) to actually make their payments?

Hello Sherri,
A personal note.
I've been in a deliberate "holding pattern" for several weeks now - willing to give KIVA the chance to muddle through their transition phase - HOWEVER - I too have loans that were due for repayment on October 27th, that did not show in November, so if the repayments don't show over the next 72 hours, my patience and trust will have run out.
I leave any further analysis of PA2's Byzantine structure to our fellow KFers with the appropriate computing/accounting background  Undecided
Evelyn

P.S. since the next MattChat correction: call with Premal is scheduled for the 17th, I'm hopeful that, that is the date by which the repayments will have returned
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 10:27:17 AM by Evelyn Yvonne Theriault » Logged

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault, Teacher
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. Nelson Mandela
Diane R
Administrator
Bay Area, CA

View Profile
« Reply To This #15 on: December 15, 2008, 10:09:59 AM »

Evelyn, the next chat on the 17th is "the call with Premal".

And I received the same $2.51 credit on Sunday as Geoff from YOSEFO borrower Raphel Lema.

I ran downstairs this morning before even hopping in the shower to excitedly open my email and see what credits had been returned.  You all know the result, of course. I'm optimistic that it today is a workday, and hope something appears magically soon. 

In the meantime, I'm changing my mantra for today:  "Kiva credits coming, Kiva credits coming, Kiva credits coming..."

--Diane.
khang
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #16 on: December 15, 2008, 10:25:39 AM »

This repayment operation is too important to be left running unattended and i don't expect Kiva engineers to come to work at midnight on a Sunday. So my best guess is it will happen this morning, slowly at first to make sure things are smooth. So patience, patience, patience, it will come.
K
Diane R
Administrator
Bay Area, CA

View Profile
« Reply To This #17 on: December 15, 2008, 10:41:14 AM »

During the first big partial credit returns in late August, as I recall they were done over a day or two, and were run in batches during the day so if one were watching and refreshing one's transactions page, one could see it happening "live".  Maybe that's what we'll see in the next day or two.

ever the optimist,
--Diane.
MarkGrimes
Kiva Supporter
Portland, OR

View Profile
« Reply To This #18 on: December 15, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »

Expecting a nice batch of loan repayments to hit the system sometime this week and being patient as this whole process is still rather new for Kive to manage.   I'm also conjecturing when the repayments hit most if not all the current loans will be filled.  (approx 1/12th of all money back into the system combined with the holiday season)

<M>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:38:41 PM by MarkGrimes » Logged

For information about Ned.com, Microfinance, Ned Goals, Milestones, Accomplishments and more, see http://www.kiva.org/lender/neddotcom and please consider joining us at http://www.kiva.org/team/neddotcom
AccountAbility
Kiva Supporter
Friday Harbor, WA

View Profile
« Reply To This #19 on: December 15, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »

We've been snow and iced in so I am just now getting a peek at Kiva Friends and read through this thread.

Maybe I just read it all differently, but I assumed that the netting out would occur on the 15th thus making credits "immediately" available, which in the past have been posted to lender accounts soon after midnight the following day.

Dan

We are loaners!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: