Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

October 26, 2014, 12:07:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: It's 12/15, do you know where your credits are?  (Read 33735 times)
0 Members and 2 Guests were last seen viewing this topic.
JohnR
Kiva Supporter
Holly Springs, NC

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2008, 05:30:50 AM »

After patiently waiting for this day for six weeks, I woke to find no credits!  It's about 5:30 AM Eastern, so 2:30 Pacific time, and neither the account I run for the company I work at (373 active loans) nor my personal account (25 active) has a single penny in credits.

Am I to understand that when the 14th of the month is a Sunday or holiday, the credits won't get posted until the 16th?

Looking for serenity you have come to the monestary.
Looking for serenity I am leaving the monestary.
                                         Soen Nakagawa
mejane
Kiva Supporter
Appleton, Wisconsin

newspaper/magazine basket

View Profile
« Reply To This #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:11:52 AM »

Guess they will be posted on "the twelfth of never"!!!!
I hope the $0.70 in my account is not all I am going to have for ANOTHER month!  Cry
Jane

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind...  Kahlil Gibran

Be kinder than necessary.  Everyone is fighting some kind of battle.  Unknown
Peter S
Kiva Supporter
CA

View Profile
« Reply To This #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:13:47 AM »

verba volant, littera scripta manet
cpbailey
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #3 on: December 15, 2008, 07:00:32 AM »

I am sort of allowing two days to process wire payments and then update the accounts.  Kiva would do well to let people know these things, though.

Colette
madmantr
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #4 on: December 15, 2008, 07:05:47 AM »

Cry This is a sad day for me .I signed up for kiva because it was a great concept that  I could afford.I really liked being able to give people a hand up not a hand out .I have seen first hand how many kiva recipients live .These small loans give them an opportunity to make a significant change in their families and their community .They can have a trickle up affect on everyone around them. Maybe I am cynical but this is not a good sign to me .I haven't seen regular repayments since October.I don't expect repayment from every loan recipient,but those that do repay I do expect the credit and will withhold any further loans until I see major changes .Does anyone know of another similar program that I may use to do that's similar? Huh?Good news !!!!I have recieved over $80in kiva credits so far between today and yesterday.While this is not all that I expected it is a major step in the right direction.Thank you kiva .
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 06:47:29 AM by madmantr » Logged
bikeme1952
Kiva Supporter
Broadview Heights, Ohio

View Profile
« Reply To This #5 on: December 15, 2008, 07:21:39 AM »

On Sunday morning, 12/14, I awoke to find this email from Kiva:

Your Kiva Credit is now available for use!

Anxiously, I opened this long awaited happy news from Kiva and read:

We'd like to give you a repayment update on the loans you've made
through Kiva.

A total of $2.51 has been newly repaid!

Hmmmmmm!! Not exactly what I expected but at least it was a start!! Tomorrow will be THE DAY!!

Needless to say, like John, Jane, Peter & I imagine almost everyone else, I have not received a single repayment on the much vaunted, eagerly anticipated December 15th.
On an account with 964 active loans to not receive even a farthing is rather disappointing.

Of course, Kiva never actually promised that the credits would be here on the 15th. They only said/implied on or about, around, near, close to, roughly, nearly, approximately, adjacent, neighboring, nigh, impending, ballpark, within a stone's throw, in spitting distance of, etc., etc., etc. the 15th.

Well, maybe next year in Jerusalem, Inshallah!!
howard
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #6 on: December 15, 2008, 07:30:26 AM »

To be fair to Kiva, 15 December means all day - it is still only 4.30 a.m. Pacific time. We are used to credits coming through first thing after midnight. However, perhaps with the new system they can be released only during the working day - starting in 4 hours or so - after netting out and so on, as at today's date, has been worked out. Its not all automatic and predictable any more. Doubtless our credits will arrive in time - surely no connection with Mr. Madoff!

Howard
Tatiana
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #7 on: December 15, 2008, 07:39:02 AM »

Smiley
wthepoo
Kiva Supporter
Berlin

View Profile
« Reply To This #8 on: December 15, 2008, 07:54:31 AM »

On Sunday morning, 12/14, I awoke to find this email from Kiva:

Your Kiva Credit is now available for use!

Anxiously, I opened this long awaited happy news from Kiva and read:

We'd like to give you a repayment update on the loans you've made
through Kiva.

A total of $2.51 has been newly repaid!

Geoff,
could you possibly tell me/us which MFI the $2.51 came from?

Thanks a lot and best wishes,
Wolfgang.
bikeme1952
Kiva Supporter
Broadview Heights, Ohio

View Profile
« Reply To This #9 on: December 15, 2008, 08:11:24 AM »

Gladly Wolfgang,

The credit was from YOSEFO in Tanzania on this loan to Raphel Lema.

You are more than welcome,
Peace Geoff
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: