Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

October 20, 2014, 05:48:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!
Home Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Bookmark This †|† E-Mail This †|† Print It
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton / NYU Commencement Address May 13th 2009  (Read 3182 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest were last seen viewing this topic.
Peter S
Kiva Supporter
CA

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2009, 04:51:15 PM »

nice plug for Kiva by Hillary Clinton today....

Remarks at the New York University Commencement Ceremony
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Yankee Stadium
New York City
May 13, 2009

... When you go home today, go online and find the website called Kiva, K-i-v-a, where you can help someone like San Ma, a mother in Vietnam who is seeking a microcredit loan to buy rice seed and fertilizer for her family farm; or log on to Heifer Internationalís site, and for less than the cost of a dinner out, you can donate a flock of geese to a hungry family in Asia or Africa; or help Wangari Mathaiís Green Belt movement in planting trees and offsetting carbon emissions and empowering women in Africa.

Now, supporting these projects and others like them doesn't require a lot of time or money. But for the people you help and the planet you protect, your participation can be not just a game changer, but a life changer. ...

whole speech here : http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2009a/05/123431.htm

By the way, San Ma is in Cambodia rather than Vietnam, but I'm not going to hold that against Mrs C, only her speechwriters and factcheckers Laugh

P

verba volant, littera scripta manet
wthepoo
Kiva Supporter
Berlin

View Profile
« Reply To This #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:58:42 PM »

By the way, San Ma is in Cambodia rather than Vietnam, but I'm not going to hold that against Mrs C, only her speechwriters and factcheckers Laugh

Great find, Peter, I wonder if amongst those speechwriters and factcheckers are very new Kiva lenders Matt and/or (retired diplomat) Peter.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang.
Diane R
Administrator
Henderson, NV

View Profile
« Reply To This #2 on: May 13, 2009, 05:01:52 PM »

Smiley  I noticed both of those new lenders as well, Wolfgang, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they might be part of Secretary Clinton's team of writers or advisors.

Great find, Peter, thanks for posting this.

--Diane.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Bookmark This †|† E-Mail This †|† Print It
Jump to: