Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

April 18, 2014, 06:18:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Poll
Question: Which is your favorite photo?  (Voting closed: August 15, 2009, 02:45:03 AM)
Maria Luisa Rosales García - 0 (0%)
Maria Luisa Rosales García  #2 - 11 (13.9%)
Rosario Cristina Rosales Rosales - 5 (6.3%)
Rosario Cristina Rosales Rosales #2 - 9 (11.4%)
Rosalinda Matea Rosales Rosales - 9 (11.4%)
Florinda Agustina Garcia Lopez - 14 (17.7%)
Juan Pedro Guinea Puac - 27 (34.2%)
Juan Pedro Guinea Puac #2 - 4 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: 2010 KivaFriends Calendar-Guatemala  (Read 4683 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest were last seen viewing this topic.
cjp1973
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2009, 12:39:38 AM »

Welcome to the first round of voting for the 2010 KivaFriends Calendar.  There are 6 polls (one for each country) – remember to vote in each one.

You have 2 votes in this poll, one male and one female

Below are links to each  entrepreneurs' profile and a thumbnail.  **You are voting on the thumbnail NOT the profile picture.  The thumbnails now link to full size pictures.

The winners of each country will go to the calendar with the runner up on to the next round of voting*. (Results will be available after the poll has ended).

Maria Luisa Rosales García

Rosario Cristina Rosales Rosales

Rosalinda Matea Rosales Rosales

Florinda Agustina Garcia Lopez

Juan Pedro Guinea Puac

*I will not vote, but reserve the right to vote in a tie

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:55:21 PM by cjp1973 » Logged
Diane R
Administrator
Bay Area, CA

View Profile
« Reply To This #1 on: August 10, 2009, 05:42:08 PM »

I thought it might be interesting to point out that in the second photo of Maria Luisa Rosales García, she is putting her mark (fingerprint) on what I presume to be her loan-repayment book.  This might be a way to highlight the dignity of the lending and repayment process.

--Diane.
mejane
Kiva Supporter
Appleton, Wisconsin

newspaper/magazine basket

View Profile
« Reply To This #2 on: August 10, 2009, 06:19:11 PM »

I thought it might be interesting to point out that in the second photo of Maria Luisa Rosales García, she is putting her mark (fingerprint) on what I presume to be her loan-repayment book.  This might be a way to highlight the dignity of the lending and repayment process.
--Diane.

Agreed Diane!  That photo caught my attention when I was looking in the gallery the first time around.  The only reason I voted for Rosario is the closeup of her handiwork.  If we are short some lender photos (less than 12 or 12 different countries) I would like to see the photo of Maria included (if she does not win) because of the very reason you point out.  It would be better than a "non-photo" fill in (IMO).
Jane

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind...  Kahlil Gibran

Be kinder than necessary.  Everyone is fighting some kind of battle.  Unknown
AccountAbility
Kiva Supporter
Friday Harbor, WA

View Profile
« Reply To This #3 on: August 10, 2009, 06:52:54 PM »

First, Thank you so much for all the work you have done.  Thumbs Up

Now I need help, because it looks like both Rosalinda and Florinda have the same calendar photo.  Are these meant to be two different pictures-but of the same person?  Or?

Dan

We are loaners!
Diane R
Administrator
Bay Area, CA

View Profile
« Reply To This #4 on: August 10, 2009, 06:53:49 PM »

The only reason I voted for Rosario is the closeup of her handiwork.

I could also point people's attention to the incredibly beautiful handmade clothing worn by both Maria Luisa and the loan officer in their photo....  Wink
(Too bad we can't see more of the little girl holding Maria Luisa's arm, whose face is hidden by the loan book....)

--Diane (lobbying shamelessly).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:54:53 PM by Diane R » Logged
wthepoo
Kiva Supporter
Berlin

View Profile
« Reply To This #5 on: August 10, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »

Now I need help, because it looks like both Rosalinda and Florinda have the same calendar photo.  Are these meant to be two different pictures-but of the same person?  Or?

I already pointed that out to Charmaine in a PM, Dan, she will probably fix it soon.

You can see pictures of Florinda in Kiva's Image Gallery (http://www.kiva.org/about/imagegallery/) - but I do not know which one of them is the one we vote on.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang.
cjp1973
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #6 on: August 11, 2009, 02:00:18 AM »

Sorry about the double up photo.  It is now corrected, Florinda is a photo of her and her baby.  Must have got a little overzealous with the paste button last night, adding links to all the photos!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: