Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

October 20, 2014, 03:03:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!
Home Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109   Go Down
Bookmark This †|† E-Mail This †|† Print It
Author Topic: Any particular MFIs you'd like me to look into?  (Read 135687 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest were last seen viewing this topic.
howard
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1060 on: February 28, 2013, 11:24:56 AM »

Have you asked contactus about this? They must know something.

Howard
howard
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1061 on: February 28, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »

From Laura:-

"....Regarding the Q4 repayments, I unfortunately don't have any additional information to share other than what we've discussed previously. Our team is continuing to follow up with FECECAV about these repayments and will do what we can to encourage them to pay back what is owed to lenders."

Howard

charity
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1062 on: March 01, 2013, 06:04:35 PM »

I got a response back from Kiva about VFC today:
I just wanted to follow up with you after hearing back from our field staff. VFC is late in their repayments to Kiva, which is why you see a high Loans at Risk rate. However, once they send those repayments, you should see that rate go down.

In regards to the higher than average delinquency rate, VFC has had problems in the past using our system to upload loans to Kiva. They also are in a transition right now, with new personnel in many of the leadership roles, including the Executive Director position. They've recognized that there are problems and they are working on getting them under control, so they are currently not accepting loan applications from new clients.

If I hear anything else, I will be sure to let you know. Thanks again for reaching out to us and please let me know if you have any other concerns.

So hopefully we see things improve?  Smiley
cpbailey
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1063 on: March 02, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »

Benin has a couple field partners with high delinquencies.  Please look into both Finadev Benin and Alide'.

Colette
CelticHarpist
Kiva Supporter

Active:Smiletrain,WaggyTails teams

View Profile
« Reply To This #1064 on: March 03, 2013, 06:13:12 PM »

Here is my MicroKing recent message:
Mar 1, 2013
Dear lender,

You are receiving this message because you made a loan through Kiva field partner MicroKing that has recently defaulted.

MicroKing experienced high delinquency rates in 2012, particularly at its Mutare, Gweru and Masvingo branches. This has led to a round of defaults.

Several factors contributed to this situation, including:

1) All of the loans MicroKing posts to Kiva are group loans. During 2012, the number of groups and group members being served by each loan officer increased. This made it difficult for the organization to closely monitor loans and repayments. MicroKing has since addressed this challenge by reducing the case load per loan officer and providing training on group dynamics and business development to loan officers throughout MicroKing. They now ensure that all loan officers will be able to manage their loan portfolios going forward.

2) There was limited liquidity in the market during the early part of 2012, which negatively impacted a large number of Kiva borrowers working in retail or cross-border trade. These businesses depend heavily on market liquidity and suffered as a result.

3) Customs policy changes significantly affected incomes for Kiva borrowers involved in cross-border trade, particularly in the Masvingo region of the country.

Kiva is confident that MicroKing has addressed the factors leading to these defaults to the greatest extent they are able and will continue to maintain a strong partnership with the organization. We appreciate the risk you took supporting these loans, and hope you will continue to lend to borrowers on Kiva.

MicroKing Finance
Posted by Claire Markham from Zimbabwe Mar 1, 2013

Sad that my Kiva default average is in the high 3% now of all lent, and more than one and half loans worth of total money lost so far. Oh well.
Colleen
Astrid
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1065 on: March 09, 2013, 09:54:19 AM »

Finance Sudan Limited
South Sudan
http://www.kiva.org/partners/206

Status Update - October 23, 2012
Due to the rapid devaluation of the Sudanese Pound, the system Kiva used to calculate delinquency did not fully represent this partner's delinquency rate. This system has now been changed and accurately reflects Finance Sudan Limitedís delinquency rate on Kiva at 2.47%.

Current status:
Delinquency Rate: 14.48% 
Loans at Risk Rate: 30.79%
howard
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1066 on: March 12, 2013, 05:45:45 AM »

Re VFC, Rwanda, I have this from Laura:-

"... I spoke with my colleague about this loan. It seems that VFC has had some trouble getting started with repayment reporting to Kiva, but the issue seems to be resolved and, while you can't see this info on the website yet, VFC did report that the borrowers for this loan (http://www.kiva.org/lend/456300) have started to repay. You should see this reflected on the website the next time we run repayments, in the middle of March (on the 17th)."

I presume this holds good for other delinquent VFC loans, too.

Howard
cpbailey
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1067 on: March 17, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »

What is going on with UIMCEC of Senegal?  It has a 7% delinquency rate.  There are quite a few big loans, including a number due to expire on March 31.  This high delinquency rate may be impacting lending rates.  Can a Kiva staff member give an explanation, please.

Colette
howard
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1068 on: March 23, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »

More from Laura, re VFC;-

"... Repayments on this loan through VFC were reported in February, and should be paid out to lenders as a part of April repayments -- which often do begin paying out on the 17th of the month (so March 17th). As I'm sure you know, Kiva works on a net billing system, so if the partner owes more to lenders than they've raised in a given month, they have until the end of the month to send what they owe to lenders to Kiva -- at which time we pass that money along to Kiva lenders. I believe this is the case with VFC, and that while they reported repayments on this loan (http://www.kiva.org/lend/456300), they haven't shown up in your account because we're waiting for VFC to send those funds to us. VFC has until 4/1 to send funds to Kiva without being past due, so hopefully you should see repayments on this loan post to your account by the end of the month."

Howard

howard
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1069 on: April 02, 2013, 05:43:25 AM »

All Kinshasa loans of Hope DRC repaid today, as promised.

Howard
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109   Go Up
Bookmark This †|† E-Mail This †|† Print It
Jump to: