Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

October 30, 2014, 10:51:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Poll
Question: Does the KIVAFriends Forum have any impact on how much you have loaned through KIVA?
For Sure! if it were not for the ability to share my KIVA with others like me I probably wouldn't have funded as many loans.
No way! I would have loaned the same amount.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: KIVAFriends have any impact on how much you loan?  (Read 16092 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest were last seen viewing this topic.
Beowulf1965
Kiva Supporter
Kenosha, WI

Lo all

View Profile
« Reply To This #40 on: December 24, 2007, 02:40:27 AM »

I've only just recently found Kiva and have just 1 loan out at the moment. I voted no simply because my lending right now is what I can afford.
As to should they (Kiva) promote the friends a bit better I'd say yes to that as I kinda found it by accident should maybe be a bit more displayed.

I like reading the posts from other lenders and might decide to lend to a certain person from one of their posts, but I wouldn't lend any more then I could afford at the time. So I guess my answer would have to be on the no side permanatly.

Make a difference where you can
jgbndaudio
Kiva Supporter
Monroe, NY

View Profile
« Reply To This #41 on: January 04, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »

Hello,

I voted yes but for different reasons than most I've read. Although I like getting on loans with other KF's, I'm more inclined to support a loan where no one has loaned that has either Kiva friends as text or a link under their picture. My theory is that when the other people on that loan goto the loan page they see me there with a link to Kiva friends. In my mind they may find out about KF for the first time and then come check it out. I have no way of knowing if anyone has actually come to Kiva Friends because of that but that's my theory.

Scotty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: