Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

July 24, 2014, 10:37:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: KSC=KIVAShoppingClub Updates  (Read 308405 times)
0 Members and 5 Guests were last seen viewing this topic.
YowieFreak
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1520 on: September 20, 2011, 02:00:37 AM »

I mean really, who the hell wants "KIVASHOPPINGCLUB.COM"   YOU blank blank person!

FWIW, you could try contacting the new owners at:

Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

It looks like they only grabbed it for a one year period - new registration expires Aug 6, 2012.

P.S.  Perhaps you could register "newkivashoppingclub.com" - it's available.  (I know, it's the hassle of having to change everything which is so annoying when these type of companies take over your name, hoping to force you to pay big money to get it back.  B..... so-and-sos!!)
Henry
Kiva Supporter

hmmm, that smells like metal

View Profile
« Reply To This #1521 on: September 20, 2011, 07:06:58 AM »

Godaddy told me an individual owns it now - I did the who is yesterday and saw what you saw, contacted GoDaddy and asked if that was where they just parked stuff to try to resell it back at higher cost - they said no... who knows.... but i did this research this morning about them

Domains by Proxy is an Internet company owned by Go Daddy CEO Bob Parsons. It offers domain privacy services through partner domain registrars such as Go Daddy and Wild West Domains.

Subscribers list Domains by Proxy as their administrative and technical contacts in the Internet's WHOIS database, thereby delegating responsibility for managing unsolicited contacts from third parties and keeping the domains owners personal information safe from the public eye.
Domains by Proxy does not offer true anonymity. In most countries they are legally obliged to collect personal information from domain owners. They also require little persuasion to release domain owners' contact information, in some cases requiring only a phone request, certified letter to the domain owner, or a cease and desist letter.[

I can't figure out how to get to the 'true ownership yet'

ornitzi bilatzi monteisizi
Henry
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1522 on: September 20, 2011, 07:59:22 AM »

My apologies for yesterdays quick Rant - and to the moderaters who were ready and willing to start deleting!  LOL don't blame you - but knowing you all I know you gave me the benefit to fix my nasties!  

OK - so here it is (if I believe everything I hear)

KIVASHOPPINGCLUB.com, KIVASHOPPINGCLUB.org, and KIVAClub.com or org was owned by me - our group of KF's would use the KIVASHOPPINGCLUB.com "EMAIL" service mostly from me owning these domains.   The website in the beginning was a pretty much simple marketing tool that I failed to keep up and really keep going.

The real loss here was the email system that worked in the background where the people I chose to administer the KSC accounts would communicate in regards to new loans to fund.

The domain was expired for 2 days (my fault - I chose to have a medical procedure done instead) and then it was scooped up by some company (what I'm told) that buys recently released domains for one year in the hopes the owner will pay a $70 service to find out who they are and then offer to buy the domain back at a premium - and you have to put your low and high bid in .... if they don't accept it - you have to do it again - ... bunch of hoopla and the bad side of my brain still thinks "Godaddy" my hosting company and the domain registrant? is the new owner.  Regardless -----  I don't want it back enough to go through additional expense which the club does not have, nor do I want to reward a company that does this type of stuff.  I totally understand and appreciate their creativeness to do this and make money on it, but I don't have to reward them!

I'm not sure what would have happened if I had not been able to change the emails on the account yesterday prior to what I believe was a shutdown of the email system - I tried to email the admins last evening and got an email error returned.  I think I still could have gotten my accounts back-  but have not put much more thought into the safety of them - i think all was OK - just a panic response to a fear at the time.

Because of the low income each month into KSC these days and the tremendous work involved in keeping the accounts active and working.....  and when I say TREMONDOUS some admins will agree others might say 'no problem' however - I know it's hard work - and WE ALL - those of us on the side really owe them a huge APPLAUSE!!! and pat on the back for doing such a fantastic job over the past two years.

As for the future of KSC - I'm calm now, I'm not so bothered about the loss of the domain (as much - since I don't believe an individual took it ), and I'm going to take some time to figure out what to do with the KSC funds and Accounts.

Statistics for KIVAShoppingClub c/o Henry Pittman
Listed Since: Sunday, July 01, 2007

4 plus years from people doing ordinary shopping we have managed to some good things and with the help of everyone keep the money fairly safe and revolving inside of KIVA.

Those of you who know me on facebook have a little insight into some health crap I have going on now - and it's a priority one in my life. Nothing life threatening - unless I let the pain take over and my mind wonders that direction - but I'm stronger than that and have the support of the best man in the world (Doug) with me along with my Mother.  KSC is going to take a back burner until there are some answers to my medical issues and hopefully some fixes.  If any of you actually know a 'Dr. House' I'd be interested in his phone number!!!!  8 different doctors so far - and very very few 'good drugs'  Smiley

I end this with the suggestion that anyone who is still contributing to KSC through IGive - log into your account and look for a local charity in your area and start allowing the money your able to raise to start benefiting them.  There is also a P2P igive I think?  Maybe even some type of KIVA account on there.

Soon - when I'm up to it, (will not happen in a few weeks) I'll get back in touch here and give some updates.  

Please - because my personality makes me feel I have to respond - don't go sending me ideas and suggestions - I just don't need them now - I'd be happy to entertain some thought out ideas that you guys come up with via messages, post here etc - and send to me after they are thought through. (meaning - don't send me something next week!)  

One last shout out to Kerry, Jane, Queen (and anyone I overlooked) for management and to everyone who picked loans at what an amazing job you have done! and to those who contributed!!

Henry

EDIT:   oh my ... and to JOE for whom without him - none of us might ever have met!!!! 

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:07:40 AM by Henry » Logged

cpbailey
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1523 on: September 20, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »

Henry,

Yes, Poverty2Prosperity.org, a non-profit 501(c)(3), is on IGive.com.  There are bonuses if you join for the first time and a second one for the first purchase (by Sept 30).  If the KSC is no longer going to add to their accounts, we would love the help!  The funds would go toward making new loans or alliance development such as Mirembe Community College in Uganda--aka Florence's school.

Here is a quick link:  http://www.iGive.com/Poverty2Prosperity

Colette
Henry
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1524 on: September 20, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »

it's important to note - bonus for first time - probably only refers to 'new igive members'

Henry
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1525 on: September 21, 2011, 02:22:39 PM »

i think this is right 

* KIVALoans.pdf (360.71 KB - downloaded 160 times.)

cjp1973
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1526 on: December 11, 2011, 06:50:46 AM »

Just wondering about the KSC kiva accounts?  Is there money sitting waiting to be lent out again?  Any idea of a plan?

charmaine
Henry
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #1527 on: January 27, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »

hey Charmaine - it's sitting there

FYI - got 4 default notices for the Ariana loans.  Joy

back into my hole

Amy-in-PHX
Kiva Supporter
Phoenix, AZ

View Profile
« Reply To This #1528 on: February 27, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »

I noticed a while back that the "lenders" KSC1, KSC2, and KSC3, had disappeared from the list of "members" of team Kiva Shopping Club.  Today I looked up, through this forum, one of the loans I had selected for KSC3, and I discovered that KSC3 still exists as a "lender" on Kiva, but has no photo and has dropped its team membership in Kiva Shopping Club.

Wouldn't it make sense to activate Kiva's auto-lending feature in the KSC1, KSC2, and KSC3 accounts, if it is too hard to manage the accounts without the lapsed website?  The parameters for star rating, length of loan, currency risk, acceptable countries, etc, could all be set through auto-lending, couldn't they?  Is there some reason the three lender accounts dropped out of the team membership?

We can do no great things - only small things with great love.     (Mother Teresa)
Diane R
Administrator
Bay Area, CA

View Profile
« Reply To This #1529 on: February 27, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »

I made the mistake today of going to visit www.kivashoppingclub.com (which is linked from the KSC team page: it might be a good idea to REMOVE this link?).  It's weird because a lot of the text and even contact information from 2008, including the quilt raffle information, is still showing on pages there.  But there's a "Birmingham shopfitters" page and link added (along with some spammy-sounding notice mentioning "shopfitters Birmingham" on the main page), and it's not in Birmingham, Alabama...  Basically it looks as if the person/group who snapped up the domain kept the code intact??

I think it's important to edit the KSC Team page on kiva.org to get the link to this non-KSC-owned website off there. (And there's also still a link to sign up on igive, if KSC is no longer inoperation, why would there still be a link for people to sign up?)  Amy brings up a good point, which Charmaine also asked about in December: what's the status of the funds in KSC and is there a plan about setting up autolending, perhaps, to keep the funds circulating?

--Diane.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: