Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

October 31, 2014, 09:17:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: Kivapedia may be history.  (Read 12661 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest were last seen viewing this topic.
Diane R
Administrator
Henderson, NV

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 11:26:30 PM »

As some of you no doubt noticed, there was a KivaFriends.org outage for a number of hours today.  There were problems on the server and the site needed to be rebuilt from recent backups; it is now back up and running (or you wouldn't be able to see this post!  Wink ). 

However, it appears that Kivapedia may have been irretrievably damaged somehow. The database is currently broken (as you will see if you try to follow any links to it) and had become huge, leading to suspicion that spammers may have been inserting junk into it.

Joe has asked the hosting company to investigate and see if it can be saved. I'll report back after we have more news...

--Diane.
Natasha
Kiva Supporter
Australia

View Profile
« Reply To This #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:24:37 AM »

Thankyou Diane and Joe for all the work that you have done and are doing in the background to make the site up and running again.  It is truly appreciated.

Edit: Also it is sad if it is the case about Kivapedia, as I know how much time and effort went into that too by Kiva Friends. Pretty disgraceful if it is due to the work of spammers.  Cry
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:27:45 AM by Natasha » Logged
Amy-in-PHX
Kiva Supporter
Phoenix, AZ

View Profile
« Reply To This #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:53:19 AM »

I missed the site yesterday.  Thank you for getting it back up, Diane & Joe.  Good luck with Kivapedia.

We can do no great things - only small things with great love.     (Mother Teresa)
Kevin@Kiva
Kiva Staffer

View Profile
« Reply To This #3 on: July 05, 2012, 01:56:12 AM »

Let me know if you'd like some help trying to get Kivapedia back up, I've worked on some MediaWiki sites before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: