Download the Kiva toolbar! - (what's this?)

November 01, 2014, 01:36:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register (it's quick and free!) for full access to all community features and functions, including instant messaging and message viewing preferences.

Login with username, password and session length

Cool Forum Options
: Not available. Login or register :)
: Popular Topics on Kiva Friends

Kivapedia
: View recent changes on Kivapedia
: Online shopping that helps support Kiva
: List of Kiva microfinance institutions
: List of Kiva group lenders
: Kiva Timeline : More...

Welcome to Kiva Friends, an active community for Kiva users, staff and supporters. Don't know what Kiva is? Read this!

Home   Search Calendar Help Tags Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52   Go Down
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  
Author Topic: Mark Agwonah Fund -- discussion  (Read 92811 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest were last seen viewing this topic.
wind5001
Kiva Supporter
Ann Arbor, MI

I'm a Kiva customer tho Kiva thinks I'm a donor.

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:53:49 AM »

Hi to everyone who wants to participate in keeping up Mark Agwonah's memory!

If you want to know more about Mark, check out: this !

In a common effort, we are starting a lending group in his name. You can find the group  here.

Information on the fund, its members and the current status can be found here.

Previous discussions about Mark can be found at  this site.

If you want to join us, send a gift certificate to: wind5001@yahoo.com or pm me and DianeCharlie, who administrates the fund with me.

The money you pay into the account is considered a donation to ensure that Mark's memory is kept alive.

Thanks!

Oli

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:02:54 PM by wind5001 » Logged

Continue Mark Agwonah's legacy, join the Mark Agwonah Fund at http://www.kivafriends.org/index.php/topic,682.0.html !
wind5001
Kiva Supporter
Ann Arbor, MI

View Profile
« Reply To This #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:07:37 AM »

We just received the first funds of 100 $. Thank you!

Jill and I both think, that we should try to lend in Kenya and, if possible, to youth and youth related matters.

Please give us your input, if you want.

I am not well at setting up webpages etc. I hope, we can do the posting here and I will keep you up to date.

Oli

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:17:34 AM by wind5001 » Logged

Continue Mark Agwonah's legacy, join the Mark Agwonah Fund at http://www.kivafriends.org/index.php/topic,682.0.html !
RichardF
Kiva Supporter

View Profile
« Reply To This #2 on: July 30, 2007, 10:23:08 AM »

I added this group to the List of Kiva Group Lenders, along with links to the original Kiva Friends topic and this one.  It might be helpful to add a link to this topic from the group lender page as well.

Soul lives by giving.
wind5001
Kiva Supporter
Ann Arbor, MI

View Profile
« Reply To This #3 on: July 30, 2007, 10:25:44 AM »

You're right Richard,

I thought I'd done that...and just checked, yes, I have already altered the link to this thread.

Thanks!
Oli

wind5001
Kiva Supporter
Ann Arbor, MI

View Profile
« Reply To This #4 on: July 30, 2007, 02:10:46 PM »

Update for today: We have a total of 325 $ so far. I find that pretty amazing and I thank you for your confidence in me! I promise no Enron debacle, as far as I can...  Lips Sealed  Lips Sealed  Lips Sealed

I cannot wait to start loaning in Mark's memory. Please let me know what you think about fundable enterprises:

Should we limit the scope to Kenya? I will try to watch every day, whether they put loans up (and being in Europe might make it easier to get into the loans, if they are posted at Kenyan time...). Or should we include other African countries, too, provided they have some youth connection or something like that?

Remember: This is your money (mostly), and I am just administrating the funds...

Oli

Wood Fairy Glenda
Kiva Supporter
Madison, WI

View Profile
« Reply To This #5 on: July 30, 2007, 02:22:44 PM »

How do I go about getting a gift certificate sent to Oli?Huh?? Huh?

Wood Fairy Glenda
wind5001
Kiva Supporter
Ann Arbor, MI

View Profile
« Reply To This #6 on: July 30, 2007, 02:27:12 PM »

Just send me an email to wind5001@yahoo.com or pm me your email and the gift code, Glenda... Smiley

wind5001
Kiva Supporter
Ann Arbor, MI

View Profile
« Reply To This #7 on: July 30, 2007, 03:58:10 PM »

I have given the account information including password to Diane, too. As I might not be able to check regularily in the near future, it might be good to have Diane involved as well. Also, when I am sound asleep, she'll be still wide awake. This way, we can get maximum surveillance for Kenyan loans.  Smiley

Plus: Another check and balance... Grin

Oli

Diane R
Administrator
Henderson, NV

View Profile
« Reply To This #8 on: July 30, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »

I have accepted Oli's request to act as co-director of the group memorial loan fund.  I do have passwords and account names, and can act for him, but:
ONE THING I DO NOT HAVE IS ACCESS TO OLI'S PM'S
If you are going to send a gift certficate code in a PM (private message) through this site, please send it to both of us, to be sure it is included in the total.

Thank you, everyone.

Any further input as to how loans should be chosen with this funding?  Does anyone disagree with the choice to concentrate on Kenyan loans?  There may be times when we have a credit balance yet there are no available loans from Kenya.  Who reading this discussion can help us learn about another area where people may be in similar circumstances, which might be considered a "sister country" to Kenya for this purpose?  Thank you again, I hope to read some other thoughts here.

--Diane.
Laurie
Kiva Supporter
Traveling North America

View Profile
« Reply To This #9 on: July 30, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »

Oh, yikes, I just sent a message on this subject to the prior ("Sad New") thread, looks like I should have posted it here.

I have concerns about Oli's comment - and perhaps lenders expectation - that the money "gifted" to Mark's lending group can/will be returned.  Before we go too much further down the path, can you read the message and give your thoughts?  We can carry the conversation on on either thread - or maybe have a new one for the discussion?

Sorry to be late back to the discussion... but it seems to me an important issue.

Safe travels,
Laurie
Writing from Canby, Oregon, USA
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 52   Go Up
  Bookmark This  |  E-Mail This  |  Print It  

Jump to: